Sox Scribbles: Rally Falls Short, Sky Sox fall to Padres 9-7
The Sky Sox fell to 1-2 with a 9-7 loss to Tucson on Saturday. Clayton Mortensen took the loss, allowing nine runs (eight earned) on nine hits, three walks, and four strikeouts in three innings. Starter Josh Geer picked up the win for Tucson scattering eight hits while allowing two runs and striking out four in five innings. Here are some notes from the game:
- After combining for eight errors in the previous two games, the teams committed only one a piece on Saturday
- Garner collected his third sacrifice fly on the season, giving him one in each of the first three games this season
- The Sox bullpen hasn’t given up an earned run over the past two games spanning ten innings
- Sox reliever Andrew Graham had his second straight scoreless appearance with two innings today and 1.2 innings in Friday’s game
- With only one stolen base, the Sox snapped a streak of two consecutive games with three steals
The Sox and Padres finish up their series at 1:05 PM today. RHP Billy Buckner (NR) will face RHP Simon Castro as the Sox look to earn a series split.