Sky Sox Notes: 4/9 @ Tacoma
Observations from last night’s game: 5-2 win in series finale at Reno
- Utility player Matt McBride notched his second straight 3-for-4 game, with a run scored and one RBI. McBride has started two games so far this season in the cleanup spot for the Sky Sox, and in those two games he has batted .750 (6-for-8) with back-to-back three hit games, four RBI and a home run. During the Sky Sox two-game winning streak, McBride has accounted for half of the teams 10 runs (and five of the last eight runs) either by scoring the run or collecting the RBI.
- Starting pitcher Rob Scahill won in his Triple-A debut, the first win for a Sky Sox starter this season, going five innings while allowing two earned runs and striking out five. All four Colorado Springs starters this season have struck out at least five batters, with the first three striking out six, making them the only team to accomplish that feat. The Sky Sox lead the PCL in starting pitcher strikeouts at 23.
- The Sky Sox bullpen held the Aces scoreless for the second straight game, and have not allowed a run during the Sky Sox two-game winning streak (nine combined innings).
Tonight’s Sky Sox starter: RHP Alex White
- White was acquired in the Ubaldo Jimenez trade last July along with Drew Pomeranz and Matt McBride
- Made seven starts for the Rockies at the end of last season, going 2-4 with a 8.42 ERA (36.1 IP, 34 ER) with 24 strikeouts and 16 walks
- White has 10 career MLB starts and is 3-4 with a 7.01 ERA (51.1 IP, 40 ER) in those 10 with 37 strikeouts and 25 walks
- He also has 33 career Minor League starts, with a total ERA of 2.31 in 190.2 innings pitched with 155 strikeouts