Observations from last night’s game: 14-0 Loss to Las Vegas in 2012 Home Opener
- The 14-0 loss in the Sky Sox home opener was the worst home opener loss in team history, doubling the previous record of seven runs, and is the only time the Sky Sox have been shut out in the home opener.
- In the last seven games played at Security Service Field between the 51s and the Sky Sox, at least one team has scored double-digit runs in six of the seven games. In those seven games the two teams have combined to score 102 runs, with the Sky Sox totaling 60 of the 102 runs.
- Infielder DJ LeMahieu extended his hitting streak to seven games with his single in the sixth inning of last night’s game, and is batting .367 (11-for-30) during the streak after not recording a hit in the first two games of the season.
Tonight’s Sky Sox starter: RHP Alex White (0-1, 5.40 ERA)
- Lost first career PCL start of his career by allowing two runs in the first inning against Tacoma on April 9th, but did not allow a hit the rest of his 3.1 inning start.
- Made 10 starts in the Major Leagues last season, his first season in the Majors, recording three starts as a Cleveland Indian and seven starts as a member of the Colorado Rockies after being traded.
- One of two pitching prospects acquired in the Ubaldo Jimenez trade last July.