- LeMAHIEU’S HOT START TO MAY: Sky Sox infielder DJ LeMahieu was the only player in last night’s game to record multiple hits, and has totaled 13 hits in his eight May games while also knocking in 8 RBI so far this month. LeMahieu ranks seventh in all of Triple-A with 42 hits, and is one of two Sky Sox players that has totaled 20 RBI this season and one of three current Sky Sox players with an average above .300 (.318).
- SOX AND LAST AT-BATS: With the Sounds scoring the game-winning run in the bottom of the ninth inning last night, it now makes four straight games for the Sky Sox where the game-winning run (or runs) have been scored in the winning team’s last at-bat, and five of the last six games for Colorado Springs. The Sox are 2-4 in their last six games.
Tonight’s Sky Sox Starter: RHP Edgar Gonzalez
- The only pitcher who has made both a start and a relief appearances this season for the Sox
- Gonzalez has made two starts this season, one tossing four scoreless innings, but has received a no decision in both starts (Sky Sox are 2-0 in games he has started). Has allowed three earned runs in his nine innings as a starter.
- Only pitcher on 2012 roster who has previous starts for Sky Sox, has pitched five seasons in the PCL
- Has played in the Majors with Arizona and Oakland and owns a career Major League record of 14-25 with a 5.90 ERA in 109 appearances (41 starts)